edjog Photo
Smack X Photo
H5N1 Photo
Hosted by Putfile.com

 Search: 
 
For words, meanings or references.
Hosted by Putfile.com
fuckin tunes on then...

Hosted by Putfile.com

Friday, April 29, 2005

Consumer angst.

To consume or not to consume, that's the question.
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous withdrawal,
Or to take up fags against a sea of troubles,
And by smoking end them?

It's true what nameis taken says below, fags are a gateway to other and possibly less pernicious addictions, but hey, what can you do? It's not just the fags that pose a dilemma either. I'm vegetarian but what about leather? If you don't want animals farmed and killed, you can't use it, right? But what about looking after your feet? Leather boots are a must if your feet need protecting: I've tried the alternatives and they just don't measure up. I got a second hand, ex-army pair in the end and they're still going strong - then again though, perhaps wearing them promotes the use of leather? And 'army', hmmm?

Then there's Nike trainers, AirMax, the most comfortable footwear I've ever worn. Bit moody as a company though, eh? Ah well, there is a way - they refund the full cost if the bubble bursts within 12 months and it invariably does. It's a trainers-for-life deal when you buy the first pair!

Java/Sumatra coffee? Well this worked out for the best: I decided to stop buying it because of the Indonesian government's attitude towards East Timor. So then I had to stop buying blends also because you don't know where the ingredients come from. Then I discovered locally roasted beans from the market. Choose exactly which beans you want, make your own blend, grind it moments before you brew, what a revelation! Not only can you make an ethical choice, you make much better coffee.

Here's the killer though. I went to a Mark Thomas gig last November and while I've always had reservations about Coca Cola, I haven't been able to bring myself to buy it since. There's shoplifting of course but with my criminal record, it's just not worth the risk. I'm dying for a coke!

  • Shakespeare's Hamlet Soliloquy
  • Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    BlogRankers.com ~ Vote or Comment on this Blog @BlogRankers.com.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home