edjog Photo
Smack X Photo
H5N1 Photo
Hosted by Putfile.com

 Search: 
 
For words, meanings or references.
Hosted by Putfile.com
fuckin tunes on then...

Hosted by Putfile.com

Friday, January 06, 2006

Wot no goodwill?

"I've got all of my fingers and all of my toes
I'm pretty well off I guess, I suppose
So how come I feel bad so much of the time?
A man ain't an island, John Dunn[sic] wasn't lying

It's been a hard day on the planet
How much is it all worth?
It's getting harder to understand it
Things are tough all over on earth."
~ Loudon Wainwright III
(A Hard Day On The Planet)
"No man is an Island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the Continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind; And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; It tolls for thee."
~ John Donne Meditation XVII
English clergyman & poet (1572 - 1631)
So, given that i'll not be satisfied by anything less than the dissolution of almost everything that most people are, have, aspire to, or stand for: there's not much room for goodwill, no. If you can find any, your welcome to it, otherwise it's the usual, "Get to fuck"-age from me. For those fellow travellers who happen by, let's hope we all "live long and prosper."

Yes, we have backlinks now, too! So feel free to make use of the facility, if you'd prefer to write about what i've written on your own site rather than in the comments. I don't mind what you say, i'll not be censoring them. Knock yourselves out. Although: expect replies in kind.

You may notice a bit of weird character-age going on also. This is because i've switched the encoding to MacRoman (finally: i don't really know why i didn't do this yonks ago, ho hum) and i just can't be arsed to go back and sort any misidentified " or @'s etc.

Links to this post:

Create a Link

BlogRankers.com ~ Vote or Comment on this Blog @BlogRankers.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home